Monday, February 7, 2011

Ramblings

I have been neglecting my Globe Haul recently, I was even considering selling it to buy a steel touring bike. I have been going back and forth in my mind for months now, and I realized that I need to just quit thinking and ride the bike I fell in love with. So I am definitely keeping my beloved Haul.
The temperature will hopefully take a turn soon towards being warm, and get above 35 degrees so I can start commuting to work (not that I need it to be warm to go riding, but commuting 25 miles when it's than 30 degrees outside does not sound like something I want to do). I have been pouring over maps and driving potential routes that may be safer for me to travel than the main county routes that I drive to work.
The distance from our apartment in Hiram to Eddy's Bike Shop where I work is roughly 25 miles. I estimate the travel time to be somewhere in the neighborhood of an hour and a half to two hours, depending on what bike I take ( Cannondale Super Six, or Globe Haul-most likely this one),stop lights, how I feel...etc.

More to come in the next couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment